Pages

Mar 18, 2011

Remembering The Nintendo DS


As the days count down till Nintendo 3DS comes here to the states, lets take a look back at the best portable gaming system of this generation.


The original Nintendo DS, big, bulky, but you can play any of the Game Boy games on it. I almost most got a used one of these, but with my first credits card I would get this...
Nintendo DS lite, smaller, brighter from what I've heard, but only played GBA games along with DS games, I've have many a great time with mine, then came the upgrade...


Nintendo DSi, with Downloadable mini games and internet browsing ( which you could do if a regular DS with a separate cartage). Never got one... never need it.... or this one....

But I never saw the need for a bigger screen..... or had the money.


Game wise, Glad Nintendo finally had plastic DVD like cases, I have not lost any of my games like gens before. And boy was there some great ones. Sadly my DS got treated like my other Gameboys.... I tend not to get games for them, but I know I got more DS games than with GBA games. I still need to get New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, and Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. I did get both Legend of Zelda DS games. As we come, well not to a close, many will still be playing DS games on 3DS. We can't forget that the DS was a huge step of Nintendo.

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment